Waste No Food is a free, web-based and mobile marketplace allowing excess food to be donated from the food service industry to individuals or qualified charities for consumption or compost in Tampa Bay.
Who can Donate: Any business that makes food scraps can contribute.
Who Can Receive Food for People : A charity who is trained in safe food handling procedures. For more information on donating edible food, please contact Ace.Padian@NetworktoEndHunger.org
Who can Receive Food Scraps for Compost or Animal Feed: Any person or community group that composts can pick up the food scraps for composting.
How to Get Started
- Sign up through Waste No Food either on their website or through the free mobile app. Click here for directions and more info.
- Contact us to have a quick orientation and bucket delivery.
- Provide our list of compostable materials to your staff. It’s printable here we can bring you one at the orientation. (see below)
- Begin saving your food scraps.
- Log on to Waste No Food at least once a week to have your full buckets collected and empty buckets left for you to refill.
- Complete our quick online surveys to help us perfect the system monthly. Remember, it’s a pilot program and your feedback matters! Help us to help you.