Anyone with a compost pile or animal that eats plant-based food scraps is eligible to participate in this free program.
- Urban Farms
- Backyard Compost Piles
- Community Gardens
- Back Up for Existing Compost Pick Up Routes
How to Get Started Today:
- Sign up on Waste No Food as a recipient, on the mobile app using these directions.
- Make a free Make Soil and/or Sharewaste account. It’s optional but it’ll help you get more food scraps and yard waste for your compost. (We may also have the occasional compost bucket pick up by a volunteer who does not have a compost pile, so your Community Compost Drop Off Station may benefit from the additional delivery.)
- Schedule a quick orientation with us to get the details and a set of buckets.
- Monitor the app, Waste No Food, for a notification that there are full buckets available.
- If you are able to pick the full buckets up and replace with your clean empty buckets, you’ll claim the order and make the exchange.
- Please be mindful that each establishment will have slightly different procedures for pick up. We suggest communicating with each new business you visit to learn their preferences.
- If you need additional bucket sets just let us know!
Pinellas Community Composting Alliance is an initiative of Living Roots Eco Design, LLC.